- 12 years old
- Labrador Retriever Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Expected Weight
- 38 lbs
- Activity Level
Happy loves to play with toys, especially ones with squeakers. In the beginning, Happy was taken into the Bastrop shelter right before the fires of 2011, but was then evacuated to the Austin Humane Society. Still no forever home; in October he was back at the Bastrop Shelter. Being back at the shelter was a little stressful for Mr. Happy and he started showing signs of demodex mange. For shelter dogs this can be a death sentence. Not many people want to adopt a stinky mangy dog but for his Foster Mom, those are some of the best dogs to rescue. With a few baths, vet check, lots of high quality dog food, medicine and lots of love, Mr. Happy is all better and ready for his forever home! Mr. Happy has completed a basic obedience class and did beautifully, he is good at sitting and walks nicely on a leash. Mr. Happy is a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix (he has a really cool ridge down his back with a crazy cowlick at the top).
Message the Foster Directly
Ask the Blue Dog Foster any general questions you may have.
- In memory of Cindy, beloved dog of the Turner family.
- Thanks to Nancy for giving some love to Mr. Happy.
- "In memory of sweet Speck who also had mange when I adopted him. After a few baths he was the most handsome dog I'd ever seen and he remained completely healthy until the old age of 13. Miss you so much sweet dog. Mr. Happy, I hope you find your forever home soon!" - Staci
- Love to Mr. Happy from Mark & Lisa. He looks like Monkey did while she was missing her hair...and now life is good! She's beautiful and happy, just like he will be.
Big Kid Friendly