My name is Maddie and I have happily become a Blue Dog. My previous owner abused me for a very long time by neglecting to provide daily food and water, shelter from the elements, and much needed medical care. Because of this neglect, I have a severe case of demodex mange that has compromised my skin health and vision. I am not contagious but I do have a long road ahead of me that will include many trips to the vet, multiple medications, lots of nutritious food, frequent medicated baths, and just some time to recover. I hope you will follow my story on Facebook and watch my transformation. I'm pretty sure you won't believe how beautiful I am. Bring it on 2016! I'm ready to see what LOVE is all about. UPDATE 1/8/2016: Maddie is getting better everyday. Her vision is improving and she loves to run and play with her housemates, explore around town, and show-off. She has learned sit and knows to wait her turn for meals.
Thank you friends at Premier Animal Hospital and Tomlinson's on Burnet Road. Every visit is a happy event!
Message the Foster Directly
Ask the Blue Dog Foster any general questions you may have.
- Merry Christmas from Mylo for Maddie and all the other dogs!!
- To Maddie- We wish you a speedy recovery and hope to meet you soon! The Schmidt family.
- Thank you Kim for the beautiful collars you sent Maddie!
- This is for Maddie. Thank you for all you do! Dawn Frank Hearn
- Thanks Susan for the donation to Maddie's care.
- Sending hugs, supple skin, and fast healing to Maddie. Love, Mark & Lisa